2 Minute Read:
If you have multiple cosmetic dental concerns, a customized smile makeover can transform your smile from drab to dynamite.
You might even be surprised at how simple it can be to improve the appearance of your teeth, often in only one day!
Smile Makeovers in Only One Day
There are a number of cosmetic dental treatments that dental practices equipped with CEREC® technology can complete in a day.
In-office or chairside teeth whitening can brighten teeth up to eight shades in about an hour. This treatment works best on extrinsic stains caused by consuming dark liquids like coffee, tea, grape juice, and red wine or using tobacco products.
Teeth whitening is not recommended for intrinsic discoloration due to illness, medications, or genetics. These types of stains are better treated with veneers.
Composite and porcelain veneers can be crafted the same day with CEREC®. Veneers can transform teeth that are affected by the following conditions:
- Deeply discolored teeth
- Mildly misaligned or gapped teeth
- Teeth with chips or cracks
- Small, misshapen, or worn-down teeth
Dentists who use CEREC® can fabricate dental crowns right in the office to treat cosmetic dental issues in one day, including:
- Teeth that are broken
- Teeth that are damaged due to extensive decay
- Teeth with deep cracks
- Teeth that have undergone root canal therapy
More Extensive Smile Makeovers
If your smile requires orthodontic, tooth replacement, or significant oral health services, you may need to visit the dentist two or more times to correct these issues.
Treatments to address serious dental concerns may include:
- Accelerated orthodontics – Straighten teeth fast with this advanced orthodontic approach.
- Invisalign® clear dental aligners – Straighten teeth discreetly with these difficult-to-detect but effective dental aligners.
- Dental implants – Replace missing teeth from the root up to the crown to avoid jaw bone loss while restoring natural function and aesthetics.
- Treatment for gum disease – Periodontal care is vital for a healthy and beautiful smile, as gum disease can lead to infection and tooth loss.
- Root canal therapy (RTC) – If decay has reached the innermost part of the tooth where the nerves reside, RTC is used to avoid the need for an extraction. A crown is then used to restore the treated tooth.
Teeth with less serious oral health issues can be easily addressed with a cleaning or simple fillings before cosmetic treatment begins.
Your San Diego One-Day Smile Makeover Experts
When seeking to improve the look of your smile, you can trust Dr. Kohani at La Jolla Cosmetic Dentistry & Orthodontics to provide you with a wide range of cosmetic dental services in San Diego, California. He offers same-day smile makeovers and comprehensive dental treatments to ensure your teeth are healthy and beautiful.
Contact La Jolla Cosmetic Dentistry & Orthodontics to discuss your San Diego smile makeover needs today! Call us today at (858) 281-0653 or scroll down to fill out our online contact form.